yetus-dev mailing list archives

From Siyao Meng <sm...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Bringing Java API compliance checker to Hadoop (YETUS-445)
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2019 03:14:47 GMT
Hi folks,

  Recently our (Cloudera) internal API checker detects an API compat issue when backporting
a Hadoop commit (HDFS-14564). Though later it turns out it isn't an issue (HDFS-14564 adds
a new method in an interface, but that interface isn't in any releases yet, so it's safe to
do so), it would be great to have this checker in Yetus.

  Previously, we've also caught another API compatibility issue with our internal checker,
which is later solved in HDFS-14595 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-14595>.
If we could have this API checker in Yetus, such problem could be caught and solved much earlier
IMO.

  This is why I commented in YETUS-445 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YETUS-445>.
Would there be a problem if we use GPL binaries in Yetus? If we are only using the binaries,
not including the source code, it should be fine? What am I missing here, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Siyao Meng