yetus-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How should I prioritize reviews?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 01:13:49 GMT

> On Nov 20, 2018, at 10:47 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:
>
> FYI, I have some Yetus time coming up with the holiday.

	This is awesome.  Thanks Sean!

> Anyone have
> opinions on how I should prioritize reviews? Ideally I'd like to do
> what I can to get us closer to a releasable master branch.

	If that’s the goal, then I think YETUS-719 is pretty much the only required patch that
absolutely has to go into the next release. Github auth, especially for private repos, is
totally busted.

> Absent some ideas I'll probably just march through things in Patch
> Available oldest to newest.

	From there, YETUS-682 (gitlab), YETUS-681 (robots), YETUS-708, and YETUS-723 (docker overhaul)
are the biggest needle movers and are currently built to be installed in that order.  The
robots patch is the one that enables much more sane functionality under Jenkins, Travis, etc,
and IMO required to grow the user base. [Some of my patches are built for committing after
YETUS-681 since it does so many small changes.]  I’ll try to spend more time on YETUS-723
tomorrow night to document all the new stuff in it and push up a new patch.  Committing it
will close quite a few other JIRAs (some with patches).

	After those:
		- YETUS-717: hadolint to look for more than just ‘Dockerfile’ (tiny)
		- YETUS-714: yamllint support
		- YETUS-713+YETUS-716: pylint fixes
		- YETUS-699: fix HTML report
		- YETUS-35: jshint support

	would be my prioritized wish list. (I’m not doing maven anymore outside of this project,
so YETUS-21 is less important to me but probably important to others lol)

	Thanks!