yetus-dev mailing list archives

From suraj acharya <suraj....@gmail.com>
Subject [Discuss] Gerrit support with YETUS
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 16:25:29 GMT
Hi ,

I was thinking of working on YETUS-61. Support gerrit with YETUS.

I was thinking about it and had a few questions and was wondering if anyone
had any insight into these questions.

   1. What will the calls be to run the pre-commit. Today, with jira we
   expect passing a JIRA number or a GitHub pull request. Will the support be
   needed for pulling the gerrit information from JIRA, or will a gerrit
   review link (a number) be passed onto YETUS?
   I personally think, the number should be passed to YETUS and we can use
   some kind of a jenkins job, like the one we have for submit review.
   2. Currently the responses are written back to JIRA, with gerrit, it can
   be written to gerrit, is there any choice on which way to go with it?
   My personal vote is to put the response on gerrit, that will keep all
   reviews in one place.
   3. Are there any apache projects currently using gerrit and using some
   kind of pre-commit check which wants to utilize YETUS? This I ask for
   pointers.

Has anyone thought about this, if you have some ideas, pointers I would
appreciate it.

Thanks

-Suraj Acharya