yetus-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: change suggestion for small improvements/ Github Pull for Yetus
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:02:18 GMT
> On Sep 28, 2016, at 7:37 AM, Casey Brotherton <cbrotherton@cloudera.com> wrote:
> 2)  Open a Github pull request

	I realize you are thinking about small/single line patches, but it's worthwhile pointing
out that precommit can fall apart if commits aren't squashed.  There's a very big risk that
github PR's are multiple commits spanning multiple different change sets.  We should probably
add some smarts to the github support to grab the .diff if there are no signs of needing binary
handling.

	That said, if we do enable pull requests, we should also enable precommit's ability to write
to github requests to get that better testing and automated feedback as well.

>  Currently the ASF GitHub Bot is not enabled for the YETUS project.

	Another thing, but unrelated, that might be useful is to actually start pulling in the Jenkins-side
precommit code and try to merge these the JIRA and github functionalities. It's a big mess
at the moment. :(