yetus-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Branch for YETUS-156
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:25:02 GMT

Hey gang.

	YETUS-156’s purpose is to give Yetus the ability to act as daily/nightly/whateverly build
driver for CI systems.  This way, Yetus’ reporting could be part of the CI process rather
than just digging through mountains of logs looking for errors.  The vast majority of changes
are purely cosmetic [yay!] but there are quite a few of them to clean up.

	Given:

		* that we don’t have a branch policy (at least, that I’m aware of….)
		* YETUS-156 is working well enough in my tests for people to start playing with it
		* YETUS-156 is probably reaching the point where it is ‘too big to review’ (~40k at
last rebase)

	I think it might be useful to setup a branch for YETUS-156, preferably with a CTRTM (commit
then review then merge)-type policy.  This would give others a chance to play, break it up
into a reviewable state, give me a chance to fix bugs quickly while still providing protection
to master if the 0.3.0 train decides to leave before this is ready.

	In the mean time, I’ve changed YETUS-156 to be an umbrella, if just for my own sanity.

	Any thoughts?

	Thanks!