www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 License with LLVM Exceptions
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2019 18:21:26 GMT
You could certainly be right.  I'm not sure what part of a LLVM compiler gets added to the
output.  I think GCC has that exception not because compiler source/bytecode gets added but
because GNU-licensed compiler library code gets added to the output.  Apache Flex and Royale
have library code whose source is part of the release that gets added to the output as well.
 So if GCC/GNU really need an explicit exception, Flex and Royale might need it too.

-Alex