www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update LICENSE-2.0.html#apply to include canonical repository location
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:54:50 GMT
I also think this would be useful.

Also, if we're willing to update the apply section to suggest including a
canonical location, can we also update our own canonical locations for the
license itself to specify https:// instead of http:// (in the same apply
section, and in the name/version informational text which precedes the
license).

It makes sense to do this concurrently with the above, as a singular
statement about the importance of making sure the the canonical "home" for
a piece of work is available and secure.