www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cobertura's view of the apache license versus the GPL
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:26:48 GMT
Sorry I am not so into the legal stuff but I was so interested in this
thread. I have a question:

Even if we don't Cobertura's jar files or source code with
Cobertura-Maven-Plugin but on the other hand, and IIUC, a user will
not be able to run Cobertura-Maven-Plugin unless Cobertura's jar files
are in the class-path, in which position does this put
Cobertura-Maven-Plugin as licensed under ASL 2.0 relative to the usage
restrictions of GPL 2.0 ?. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
- Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
----