www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Viability of Jenkins entering the ASF
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 01:16:50 GMT
I'd guess that there's ZERO chance of ORCA going along with this.

That said, I'm all for it.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

geir

On Feb 6, 2011, at 6:52 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Over on the Jenkins (nee Hudson) list there is a discussion about moving to the ASF.
This is at an early stage right now and it is not at all clear if they will do so. However,
there may be a legal block to this and I'd just like to run it past legal-discuss

> Oracle apparently own the copyright on Jenkins code. It is licensed under an MIT licence.
>
> If Oracle refused to sign the legal paperwork would this prevent Jenkins entering the
incubator?

> NOTE: as far as I am aware nobody has asked Oracle about this yet - they may not refuse.
I'm just trying to avoid a pointless conversation if we would be unable to work this.