www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Viability of Jenkins entering the ASF
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:29:37 GMT
IIRC, the primary reason to make companies contributing code sign Software
Grants is to ensure that our patent clause kicks in, something that would
not happen "per se" if we derive a MIT-based code base.

I don't know much of the history of the Jenkins code base, but I highly
doubt that it has been crafted as a troyan containing submarine patents...

In any case, and if the discussions go forward, incubator.apache.org is the
right place to discuss and assess such issues.

Regards
Santiago