www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Viability of Jenkins entering the ASF
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 23:52:02 GMT
Over on the Jenkins (nee Hudson) list there is a discussion about moving
to the ASF. This is at an early stage right now and it is not at all
clear if they will do so. However, there may be a legal block to this
and I'd just like to run it past legal-discuss

Oracle apparently own the copyright on Jenkins code. It is licensed
under an MIT licence.

If Oracle refused to sign the legal paperwork would this prevent Jenkins
entering the incubator?

NOTE: as far as I am aware nobody has asked Oracle about this yet - they
may not refuse. I'm just trying to avoid a pointless conversation if we
would be unable to work this.

Ross