www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any legal issues with Google Analytics?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:16:13 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll also write up a draft of the required privacy policy for the Jackrabbit web site.

Here's a draft that covers both server logs and the tracking cookie.
This should also satisfy the requirements of the GA TOS.

<draft>
Information about your use of this website is collected using server
access logs and a tracking cookie. The collected information consists
of the following:

  1. The IP address from which you access the website;
  2. The type of browser and operating system you use to access our site;
  3. The date and time you access our site;
  4. The pages you visit; and
  5. The addresses of pages from where you followed a link to our site.

We use this information to help us make our site more useful to
visitors and to better understand how and when our site is used. We do
not (and will not allow any third party to) track or collect
personally identifiable information or associate gathered data with
any personally identifying information from other sources.

By using this website, you consent to the collection of this data in
the manner and for the purpose described above.
</draft>

BR,

Jukka Zitting