www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jen Wang <jwa...@us.ibm.com>
Subject os-aix/7946: /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:46:29 GMT

>Number:         7946
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Could not load program /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
Symbol dlsym in httpd is undefined
Symbol dlerror in httpd is undefined
Symbol dlopen in httpd is undefined
Symbol dlclose in httpd is undefined
Error was: Exec format error
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

note:  I have installed this apache from the binary
 - apache_1.3.20-000964804C00-ibm-aix4.3.tar.gz
>How-To-Repeat:
Yes. Just execute "apachectl start"