weex-dev mailing list archives

From 申远 <shenyua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Weex 0.24.0 Released
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 07:01:00 GMT
The publishing of Weex Playground is hold as soon as we learned it may
violate ASF policy here.

Maybe we should find a way to let the PMC member to provide the convenience
> binary.

The tricky thing here is that we need an Apple/Google enterprise
development account under a company's or individual's name. And the Apple
account would cost us 299 USD per year. As for Android, it's more
complicated in China as we need to apply tens of Chinese Android
distribution channel plus Google Play.

Maybe we should remove Weex Playground from Apple Store and Google Play,
and host Weex Playground(Binary) only in our website? I think we'd better
not do any release nor separate repos of Weex Playground until we get
response from general@incubator

Best Regards,
YorkShen

申远

Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com> 于2019年5月28日周二 上午11:31写道:

> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 8:04 PM 申远 <shenyuancs@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I agree with that.
> >
> > Moving playground to another separate repository(also under ASF?) may
> take
> > couple of days, I don't think there will be big technical issue.
> >
> > But this doesn't solve the issue that Weex Playground is under Apple
> > Developer Enterprise Program Account of Taobao (China) Software. And
> there
> > is a similar situation for Weex Android Playground.
> >

> So, it looks like Taobao publish the binary release of Weex Playground.
> I'm not sure if it is OK for Apache.
> Maybe we should find a way to let the PMC member to provide the
> convenience binary.
>

> > I could and would mark thing "Stuff that some third party provides for
> > Apache Weex", but for "Stuff for Weex the Apache Weex team also
> provides",
> > this is really confusing concept.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > YorkShen
> >
> > 申远
> >

> > Jan Piotrowski <piotrowski@gmail.com> 于2019年5月27日周一 下午4:32写道:
> >
> > > Thanks for the clarification. I understand why the Playground app is
> > > valuable and awesome for developers.
> > >
> > > Would it be an option to move the playground and connected code (e.g.
> > > for http://dotwe.org/vue) to a separate repository? Or does the
> > > `playground` code benefit so much from being in the same repository?
> > >
> > > For me right now this is one of these cases, where it is totally
> > > unclear what actually is part of "Apache Weex" (vs. "Stuff for Weex
> > > the Apache Weex team also provides" vs. "Stuff that some third party
> > > provides for Apache Weex").
> > >
> > > -J

> Apache
> App