weex-dev mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Weex 0.24.0 Released
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 11:35:48 GMT
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:20 PM 申远 <shenyuancs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Community
>
> Weex 0.24.0 is released now, one can download source or convenience binary
> through the link in our website [1].
>
> And there is a remaining issue for the release. One may notice that there
> exists a showcase app called Weex Playground[2], which is compiled
> from incubator-weex, but it is not a part os Apache Release as the release
> script deleted the files of Playground when publishing release candidate.
> As one need a enterprise certificates to publish an iOS App, we used to
> borrow the certificates from Taobao(China), LTD.
>
> Based on the fact above, I have following concerns:
>
>    1. I'd like to know whether it is ok to exclude some file during apache
>    release, like the code for Weex playground

It is allowed to remove files from your final release.  But only the files
in the release are covered by the ASF legal shield.  It is only those files
which the Weex PMC officially makes any claims about.  This is similar to
all the files you add to the repo before the next release.

>    2. I am not sure whether it is suitable that I continue borrow the
>    enterprise certificates from Taobao(China), LTD and publish the iOS
> App. If
>    it is not acceptable, is there any iOS enterprise certificates under
> ASF?

I do not know of iOS enterprise certificates under the ASF.  In general,
the convenience binary is currently not considered to be an act of the
foundation.  I agree with Jan that you should ask INFRA, but I believe the
answer will be "no."

What's more: a convenience binary shouldn't contain the compilation of
anything not in the code release.  It sounds like what you're publishing
there isn't actually Apache Weex, but "based on Apache Weex".

Best Regards,
Myrle