weex-dev mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Weex 0.24.0 Released
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 15:17:55 GMT
Hi YorkShen,

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 3:29 PM 申远 <shenyuancs@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What's more: a convenience binary shouldn't contain the compilation of
> > anything not in the code release.  It sounds like what you're publishing
> > there isn't actually Apache Weex, but "based on Apache Weex".
>

> Well, what happens here is that there are two libraries in the git repo of
> incubator-weex, namely weex_sdk and weex playground. Apache Weex release
> only contains weex_sdk, and we publish weex_sdk as a convenience binary
> after the Apache Release as well. Then we used to publish weex playground
> to ios App Store in the name of Taobao(China) as we need an apple
> developer/enterprise account to do so.

You'll need to send weex playground through your voting and release process
as a source code release too, otherwise you can't call the binary release
Weex to the rest of the world.  Since you're already doing releases for
weex_sdk, though, you know how to do this.  It's not uncommon for a single
project to release multiple code bases, sometimes on inconsistent
schedules.  Although it might be a challenge with only one release manager.

> As INFRA[1] owned an Apple developer account,

Thank you, I learned something.

> I think we could separate
> weex_sdk and weex playground into two repos and publish Weex playground in
> the name of ASF.

I personally prefer the multi-repo development model, and Apache does
support it.  But it's not a requirement.  It's up to y'all.  If you need
help getting another repo, let me know.

Best Regards,
Myrle