weex-dev mailing list archives

From shihan zheng <zhengshihan...@gmail.com>
Subject Replace Facebook's Yoga in Weex with Google's FlexboxLayout to avoid potential license issue.
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:22:06 GMT
      As we know,[The Apache Software Foundation bans the usage of Facebook
BSD+Patents licensed in Apache products|
https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x]
The Facebook BSD+Patents license includes a specification of a PATENTS file
that passes along risk to downstream consumers of our software imbalanced
in favor of the licensor, not the licensee, thereby violating our Apache
legal policy of being a universal donor. The terms of Facebook BSD+Patents
license are not a subset of those found in the ALv2, and they cannot be
sublicensed as ALv2.”
        Weex-Team have heard the news and we decide to remove Facebook Yoga
with its additional Facebook BSD+Patents license.  In order to release the
next version as soon as possible, we will create a new LayoutEngine based
on [the Google 's Flex-Layout|https://github.com/google/flexbox-layout].
see issue :https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WEEX-69
--

Best Regards!