uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About createExternalResourceDescription changes in uimaFit 3.0.0
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2020 16:57:20 GMT
Hi Mario,

> On 29. Mar 2020, at 15:13, Mario Juric <mario.juric@cactusglobal.com> wrote:
>
> Done. Sorry for not obeying to the guidelines at this point, since I am not sure it’s
a real issue or whether it’s me that has been doing something wrong all along, and it just
happens to fail now. I expect you just need this initially to verify the issue and then we
can do a proper PR later.

Short story - there is a bug and there is a workaround (based on your PR): cast the aggregate
description to ResourceSpecifier:

    bindResource((ResourceSpecifier) aggregateDescription,
            DummyResource.RESOURCE_KEY, createSharedResourceDescription("", DummyResource.class));

Long story ... *sigh* ... we have another signature clash - that's what I hoped to have fixed
going from uimaFIT v2 to v3... but while fixing one, I unfortunately introduced another one.

Here is the whole shebang: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-6214

If you have a moment, maybe you can have a look at the issue and give a comment whether you
agree with my choice of how to fix the issue.

Cheers,

-- Richard