uima-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Terweh <d.ter...@drooms.com>
Subject Using extensions
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2019 14:30:51 GMT
Dear All,

When working with German written out numbers I figured, that in order to get what I want (the
numeric value of a written number) I need to either hard code every single number name and
use Wordtable or I need to work with the string. However, this made me thinking that this
would probably be better done in a Language Extension. Unfortunately I am not sure how these
work and how I can include them in my project. Also the manual did not really help me there
(https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.language.extensions).

Further I was wondering if there are any readily available extensions that can be used, e.g.
to convert a string of number words into actual numbers (or replacing words on a dictionary
basis, such as “one”:”1”, “two”:”2”,…), or an extension, that can evaluate
a calculation in the form of a string (like “100*5+55”).  If something exists for number
conversion it would be interesting to see if it does both, annotation and calculation, and
how it handles different languages such as:
1) input is one token (like numbers in german, einundzwanzig)
2) input is several tokens jointly representing one number (like in english: twenty two)
And mixed cases such as:
3) input is combination of number and string (like: 10 Millionen)

Thank you in advance for your help,
Best
Dominik

Dominik Terweh
Praktikant

[cid:drooms_company_cf601d61-0bba-4d1a-b55d-a8580583d74c.png]

Drooms GmbH
Eschersheimer Landstraße 6
60322 Frankfurt, Germany
www.drooms.com<http://www.drooms.com>