uima-user mailing list archives

From Nikolai Krot <tal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using extensions
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2019 09:39:38 GMT
Hi Peter,

>From *your* perspective, for this particular task of turning written out
numbers to their numerical representation, what would be better to
implement it as a language extension (= one additional function) or a set
of ruta rules?
Against language extension speaks the fact that such conversion may be
language-dependent, that is, it does no generalize well. On the other hand,
the language extension may be faster that plain ruta rules. Is the
implementation of this functionality that you have at your company good in
terms of speed?

Best regards,
Nikolai KROT