uima-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Terweh <d.ter...@drooms.com>
Subject FW: Matching REPLACEd text
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:08:11 GMT
Dear All,

I have some questions regarding processing times and anchors ("@").

First of all, is it possible to define an anchor on a disjunction?

What I tested was to have a simple rule (1) that should start on the Element in the middle
(2). Now this element had a variation (3) but I could not use the anchor in that case anymore:

1) A    B   C;       // works

2) A   @B   C;       // works

3) A @(B|D) C;       // NOT WORKING

Is this behaviour intended or simply not supported?

[NOTE: NOT WORKING means eclipse does not complain, but the rule never matches]

The above led to some testing with a different setup(4), however, since disjunctions don't
seem to work, this was also not valid.

4) A @((B C) | (D C));   // NOT WORKING

Is there a scenario where anchors are valid in and before brackets? From my observation I've
seen that (5)-(10) are all working as expected and all start matching on B. But, do they differ
in terms of processing? I noticed slightly longer processing times in (5) and ever so slightly
in (6), but not very indicative. Could (5)-(10) differ in processing time?

5)   A   @B C

6)  (A   @B C)

7) @(A   @B C)

8)   A  @(B C)

9)   A @(@B C)

10)  A  (@B C)

Since rule (10) works as expected, why does (11) work differently and start on A but not on
B and D? (This would be useful in a scenario where B and D combined appear less often than
A)

11) A  ((@B C) | (@D C));   // starts matching on A

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Best
Dominik

Dominik Terweh
Praktikant

[cid:drooms_company_cf601d61-0bba-4d1a-b55d-a8580583d74c.png]

Drooms GmbH
Eschersheimer Landstraße 6
60322 Frankfurt, Germany
www.drooms.com<http://www.drooms.com>