uima-user mailing list archives

From Hai-son X Nguyen <Hai-Son.Ngu...@kp.org>
Subject Re: JCasGen classes for V3 compiler warnings
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 04:46:30 GMT
Hi Marshall,

Sounds good, I was working on them and have patches available. Though I have some questions
about my approach.

I’ll create the Jira issues and would happy to get feedback and discussion about my approach.

Thanks!
Hai-Son

On 2019/06/01 16:02:47, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com<mailto:msa@schor.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm guessing these warnings come from generated JCas classes?
>
> I think that they all represent low priority things that are unlikely to get
> improved in the near future, unless someone wants to work on these and submit
> patches (always welcome :-) ).
>
> If you are so inclined, it would be good to submit Jira issues for the ones you
> want to work on, so any discussions around how to improve these can be
> documented in those Jiras.
>
> Thank you for your interest.  -Marshall Schor
>

> On 5/31/2019 1:01 PM, Hai-son X Nguyen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am testing migrating to UIMA V3 (3.0.2) and am seeing a variety of warnings in
Eclipse (2019-03, Java 8) using the plugin (v3.0.2).

> > There are 3 types of warnings:
> >
> >   1.  “FSArray is a raw type. References to generic type FSArray<T> should
be parameterized.”
> >   2.  “The import XXX is never used”
> >      *   java.lang.invoke.CallSite
> >      *   java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle
> >      *   and org.apache.uima.cas.impl.TypeSystemImpl)
> >   3.  And “The constructor XXX() is deprecated”
> >
> > Is it appropriate to open a JIRA ticket for these problems?
> >
> > Thanks!

Thanks!

Hai-Son Nguyen
IT Consultant Principal
Medical Informatics
Systems, Solutions, and Deployment
Office: 858.523.6415
📱: 858.876.7177

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited
from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them.  Thank
you.