uima-user mailing list archives

From Mandy Neumann <mandy.neum...@th-koeln.de>
Subject How to get TextRuler to work
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:22:16 GMT
Hi,

after fixing my initial problems with the CAS views, I now want to
proceed to my main task. I want to apply TextRuler to learn a set of
rules instead of writing them manually.

Unfortunately, I can't get TextRuler to work in my project. The example
project works, but when I start the process on my project, the view
displays "Preprocessing... Loading XMI file (input): <file>" and does
nothing more. I also cannot stop, pressing the stop button has no
effect, I need to restart the workbench to be able to change TextRuler
settings.

I'm not sure if my workflow is even right. The first step is to convert
html input into XMIs with the html tags as annotations. In order to
create the training data, I figured I need to include the target type
system already at this step. I then used the "Annotate/Quick Annotate"
options in the CAS viewer to create the gold standard annotations.

I also created two Ruta scripts to be used by TextRuler. Base.ruta
basically just declares the target type system. Features.ruta creates
some basic annotations that should be used by TextRuler to infer rules.

Anybody an idea why my workflow won't work?

Cheers,

Mandy