uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject Re: Uima and spring
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:11:03 GMT
Hi Sarah,

We use UimaFit annotators in a Spring (Boot) component, but we get our JCases from a JCasPool.
Apparently, the resources are somewhat linked to the JCas (at least when using DKPro's init
method which loads resources depending on the JCas language).
Using the pool makes the resources loaded only once for each entry in the JCas Pool. This
is still too much, but reduces the overhead.

Best,
Hugues de Mazancourt

P: 06.72.78.70.33 (tel:06.72.78.70.33)
W: http://www.mazancourt.com

On févr. 18 2019, at 12:48 pm, Sarah <sarschu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using uimafit annotators in a spring component. These annotators use external resources.
These resources are currently produced for every JCas even though the Aggregate Engine is
created inside of the Spring component's init and merely the process method is called on the
individual JCas objects. This slows my system down.
> How do I handle external resources appropriately in a spring component. I found the SpringContextResourceManager
but I don’t know how to use it. Can you point me to an example where e.g. the DKPro CoreNLP
Annotators are used in a spring context?