uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Juric ...@unsilo.ai>
Subject Ruta syntax check of missing ";" after rule statement
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 09:31:34 GMT
Hi Peter,

It occasionally happens that developers forgets the semicolon “;” after a Ruta rule statement,
e.g.

MyAnnotation { -> CREATE(SomeAnnotation)}; <——

We believe to remember that the Ruta engine previously produced syntax errors in this case,
but this doesn’t appear to happen anymore, so we ended up wasting some time on tracking
this down, because the rule actions didn’t fire. It’s easy to overlook a detail like that
when we don’t have any syntax highlighting in IDEA, which is our preferred IDE. Shouldn’t
it produce a syntax error, or is there some reasons to just skip the statements without it?

We are using Ruta version 2.6.1.

Cheers,
Mario