uima-user mailing list archives

From Amit Paradkar <amp6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCasGen like utility for generating POJO Classes in the type system
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 22:31:01 GMT
Thanks Marshall.
I would like to construct objects in the typesystem that I have defined
without having to pass in a cas object in the constructor (after I have
detected features for a particular class in the text)

e.g, I have a Database type defined in my UIMA type descriptor based on
which JCasGen generates a JCas cover class called named Databaase.
But all the public constructors in this class take a JCas object as an
argument which precludes an independent construction of instances of these
classes.
I need to be able to construct an instance of such classes independent of
any cas objects - since I need them to persist even after the the current
input text is being processed completely. So, almost a mirror typesystem is
desired. Perhaps I am not using the notion of typesystem appropriately...