uima-user mailing list archives

From Wahed Hemati <hem...@em.uni-frankfurt.de>
Subject UIMA AS - ResourceInitializationException
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 17:00:35 GMT
Hi,

i am trying to run  a pipeline of 4 annotators in UIMA AS. For this i
use the BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl.  The 4 annotators run as services.

I am creating a scenario, where i shut down one of these services. When
i try to run the same pipeline with the 4 annotators, obviously the
pipeline can not be initialized, because one of the delegates is not
reachable.

I get the following exception:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.controller.BaseAnalysisEngineController.stop(BaseAnalysisEngineController.java:2001)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.controller.BaseAnalysisEngineController.stop(BaseAnalysisEngineController.java:1898)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.stop(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:3272)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.controller.BaseAnalysisEngineController.terminate(BaseAnalysisEngineController.java:2184)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.controller.BaseAnalysisEngineController.terminate(BaseAnalysisEngineController.java:2150)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.error.handler.GetMetaErrorHandler.handleError(GetMetaErrorHandler.java:104)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.error.ErrorHandlerChain.handle(ErrorHandlerChain.java:57)
     at
org.apache.uima.aae.delegate.ControllerDelegate.handleError(ControllerDelegate.java:61)
     at org.apache.uima.aae.delegate.Delegate$2.run(Delegate.java:839)

The strange part is, that i cant get can not catch this exception in my
client application. My client application just shuts down after this
exception.

What is the best approach to catch this exception.

Is it possible to first "ping" each delegate, to see if its alive?

-Best

Wahed