uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deserialization of CAS object back from JSON
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 10:15:07 GMT
Hi Luca,

On 04.05.2017, at 10:00, Luca Toldo <lucatoldo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Help would be appreciated how to convert back the serialized JSON into a CAS object.
> Unfortunately, there is no org.apache.uima.json.JsonCasDeSerialize...

That's unfortunately correct: the JSON support in UIMA presently only supports serialization,
but not deserialization.

We have support for serializing to/from XML (XMI) and for various binary formats.

For sending data across a network connection, I would personally choose a compressed binary
format (COMPRESSED_TSI).

I would suggest you have a look at CasIOUtils and SerialFormat present in recent UIMA releases.

Cheers,

-- Richard