uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject Ruta conflicts with DKPro typesystem
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 13:01:51 GMT
Hi,

I’m using Ruta to perform information extraction and I mix it in a pipeline with DKPro-based
resources (for POS-tagging and NER). Thus, I have my own type system, Ruta’s basic type
system and some DKpro typesystems (especially the one describing Tokens)

I end up with type conflicts such as (Ruta error) :

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: NUM is ambiguous, use one of the following instead
: de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.syntax.type.dependency.NUM org.apache.uima.ruta.type.NUM

I tried to use declarations such as :

> IMPORT org.apache.uima.ruta.type.NUM FROM org.apache.uima.ruta.engine.BasicTypeSystem
AS NUM;

at the top of my Ruta rule files, but this doesn’t help.

but this wouldn’t increase readability of rules !
The other solution I see would be to create my own, non-ambiguous, readable annotation and
have a rule that marks all org.apache.uima.ruta.type.NUM with that annotation, but I’m afraid
of performance issues due to these redundant annotations.

Is there any other solution for Ruta to mask some types or alias them ?

Best,

Hugues de Mazancourt
http://about.me/mazancourt