uima-user mailing list archives

From Wolf-Dietrich Materna <wolf-dietrich.mate...@empolis.com>
Subject How to use string functions from ruta-core-ext in Ruta
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:05:58 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use the Ruta string functions referenced in the user guide here: https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-2.3.0/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.language.extensions.core-ext.stringfunctions

The problem is, they don't work out of the box in the Ruta Workbench 2.3.1 with Eclipse 4.4.2.
I've set up a new Ruta project with a script containing the (slightly modified) code from
the substring example:

DECLARE Test; // I've added this line to make the example work.
STRING s;
STRINGLIST sl;
CW{-> MATCHEDTEXT(s), ADD(sl, substring(s,0,8))};
CW{INLIST(sl) -> Test}; // Changed SW to CW to make the rule work.

The input file only contains two words, "Alexanderplatz" and "Alexander". What I expected
was that the first rule finds "Alexanderplatz" and stores the  first nine letters of it in
the string list sl so that the last line can annotate "Alexander" with "Test". In reality,
however, nothing happens. I get no error message, but after execution, there is no "Test"
annotation.

Is there some additional configuration needed to access these string functions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
            Wolf-Dietrich Materna