uima-user mailing list archives

From José Tomás Atria <jtat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to correclty implement delta serialization in locally deployed CPE pipeline?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:01:25 GMT
Hi Marshall, thanks for your reply. I think I have figured it out: I had
not realized the session object saves data under a per-component name
space, which prevented the serializer from finding the data saved by the
collection reader and deleting it.

I'll try an alternative strategy today and come back of I bump into any
other issues.

Thanks!
Jta

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015, 10:53 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A little more detail of what you're doing may help us figure out what's
> happening.
>
> What API(s) are you using to do the serialization?
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 9/29/2015 2:57 PM, José Tomás Atria wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've been trying to wrap my head around this for a while, and I can't
> seem
> > to get it to work. Could someone please explain what is the most
> > straightforward way of implementing delta serialization in a local,
> > multithreaded CPE pipeline?
> >
> > So far, I've tried using a collection reader that uses a
> > SharedSerializationData that is stored in the current UIMA session, and
> > creates a CAS marker that is also stored in a map in the current UIMA
> > session under a CAS identifier key, and then using this
> > SharedSerializationData oject and the marker retrieved from the UIMA
> > session from the CAS identifier to serialize the delta to disk, but this
> > procedure causes an OutOfMemory exception if I try to process all of my
> > data (Not that much in my opinion, ~2000 CASes).
> >
> > I assume that I'm missing some basic aspect of the API, but after trying
> > deal with it for a while I just gave up...
> >
> > A more specific version, as far as I could understand: Delta
> serialization
> > requires a SharedSerializationData object and a CAS marker. What is the
> > correct way to create, store and retrieve these in a simple,
> > multi-threaded, locally deployed CPE processing pipeline? (i.e. No need
> > support AS or DUCC facilities, etc).
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> > jta
> >

> --

sent from a phone. please excuse terseness and tpyos.

enviado desde un teléfono. por favor disculpe la parquedad y los erroers.