uima-user mailing list archives

From Baker James D <JDBA...@mail.dstl.gov.uk>
Subject RE: [UK OFFICIAL] Baleen - UIMA Based Text Analytics Framework
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:14:23 GMT
Classification: UK OFFICIAL

Afternoon everyone,

of the Baleen GitHub repo. We haven't added any new information (yet), but we have collated
information that is already available into one place to make it more accessible. If there
are any specific areas that people feel could do with more attention, please let us know and
we'll see what we can do.

https://github.com/dstl/baleen/wiki

Thanks,
James

-----Original Message-----
From: Petr Baudis [mailto:pasky@ucw.cz]
Sent: 28 September 2015 21:23
To: Baker James D
Cc: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Re: [UK OFFICIAL] Baleen - UIMA Based Text Analytics Framework

  Hi!

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 02:31:03PM +0100, Baker James D wrote:
> I would like to draw your attention to a text analytics framework that has just been
released by Dstl (part of the UK Ministry of Defence). It uses UIMA as part of its underlying
architecture but provides additional functionality on top of that, and simplifies much of
the user configuration and experience, as well as the development process. A number of collection
readers, annotators and consumers are included as part of the framework.

> The tool is called Baleen, and is released under Apache Software License 2.
>
> There is more information about the tool on the press release
> (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dstl-adds-to-open-source-software)
> and on the GitHub page
> (https://github.com/dstl/baleen)
  Thanks for the heads up.  However, I haven't found any clear summary of what is the framework
capable of right now - I think you might want to expand the generic description a bit with
some examples and use-cases.  I have been looking around a bit and seems like e.g.

	https://github.com/dstl/baleen/blob/master/baleen/baleen-annotators/src/main/java/uk/gov/dstl/baleen/annotators/cleaners/MergeAdjacentQuantities.java

is something that could be pretty useful, but you might want to make it easier to discover
the capabilities to get more users / contributors.

  Best,

				Petr Baudis

"This e-mail and any attachment(s) is intended for the recipient only.   Its unauthorised
use,
disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  Communications with Dstl are monitored and/or

recorded for system efficiency and other lawful purposes, including business intelligence,
business
metrics and training.  Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
Dstl policy."

"If you are not the intended recipient, please remove it from your system and notify the author
of
the email and centralenq@dstl.gov.uk"