uima-user mailing list archives

From Martin Wunderlich <martin...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Running UIMA 2.8.1 in Eclipse Mars - Component Descriptor Editor not available
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:15:25 GMT
Hi Marshall,

I should have said that I also included the other plugin jars. But I copied them manually,
not using the Update site.

I have now installed the Eclipse tools via the update site and this has worked. I can see
the Component descriptor editor again.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Martin

> Am 18.08.2015 um 05:41 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> THe editor depends on other Eclipse UIMA plugins - that's why just dropping it
> in by itself isn't working.
>
> Can you try installing (into a new MARS unzip) the 2.8.1 Eclipse tools from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site?
>
> -Marshall
>

> On 8/17/2015 3:20 PM, Martin Wunderlich wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Well, as the subject says, I am having issues with the current release version 2.8.1
and Eclipse Mars. When I try to open an existing type system description (XML file) with the
Component Descriptor Editor, this is not possible, because the editor is not recognized. I
have dropped the org.apache.uima.desceditor_2.8.1.jar into the Eclipse plugin directory, restarted
Eclipse with the „-clean“ option and, AFAIK, this is all that should be necessary for
installation. But the editor is not even showing up in the list of internal editors with which
I could open the XML file.

>> Anyone using the Component Descriptor Editor under Eclipse Mars successfully? Is
there any special installation procedure?