uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Gazzo <mario.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA CPE appears not to utilise more than a single thread
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 18:51:36 GMT
Yep, that was it :)

Still struggling with getting the overview of all these details and it can feel kinda uphill
at times so I really appreciate the quick response from the community. Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Mario

> On 14 Apr 2015, at 15:58 , Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> you have to inherit from the uimaFIT version of JCasAnnotator_ImplBase, not from the
UIMA core version. Please make sure that your import is:

> import org.apache.uima.fit.component.JCasAnnotator_ImplBase
>
> Cf. http://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-2.1.0/api/org/apache/uima/fit/component/JCasAnnotator_ImplBase.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
> On 14.04.2015, at 13:53, Mario Gazzo <mario.gazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks guys.
>>
>> Both suggestions gav me some key points to work with in order to solve the problem.
It turned out that the analysis engines in question oddly inherited from JCasConsumer_ImplBase
and not JCasAnnotator_ImplBase. Couldn’t see the forrest for the trees :)

>> Anyway, this suddenly caused a new problem to appear. Parameters set in the analysis
engine descriptions generated by UIMA FIT no longer gets loaded and injected. Switching back
to JCasConsumer_ImplBase gets them injected again but then its single-threaded. Are there
any additional annotations (descriptors) or some other configuration parameters I need to
set?