uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem in calling DUCC Service with ducc_submit
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:36:44 GMT
The service_dependency argument merely tells DUCC that your job uses that
service so that DUCC can ensure that the service is up and running before
starting your job.  It does NOT make your job use that service.

You can try this using the 1.job example as follows.

First define the location of your DUCC and your application broker, e.g.

  export DUCC_HOME=/home/ducc/ducc_runtime
  export BrokerURL=tcp://broker1:61616

Then register a service similar to 1.job:

  ${DUCC_HOME/bin/ducc_services --register \
    --process_DD
${DUCC_HOME}/examples/simple/resources/service/Deploy_RandomSleepAE.xml \
    --classpath ${DUCC_HOME}/lib/uima-ducc/examples/* \
    --process_jvm_args -DdefaultBrokerURL=${BrokerURL} \
    --environment "AE_INIT_TIME=5 AE_INIT_RANGE=5 INIT_ERROR=0"

Then submit a job that connects to this service using a JMS service
descriptor, with the service as a
dependency so that DUCC will start it:

  ${DUCC_HOME}/bin/ducc_submit --specification
${DUCC_HOME}/examples/simple/1.job \
    --process_descriptor_AE
${DUCC_HOME}/examples/simple/resources/service/UimaAsRemote.xml \
    --service_dependency UIMA-AS:FixedSleepAE:${BrokerURL} \
    --process_jvm_args "-Xmx100M -DdefaultBrokerURL=${BrokerURL}"

Note that these descriptors use a system properties placeholder for the
broker URL which is copied from the environment.

~Burn