uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Sofa-unaware AEs that create new views in an AAE
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:11:50 GMT
Am 17.04.2014 15:02, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> On 17.04.2014, at 14:04, Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> as I understand the implementation, an AE is sofa aware if it specifies
>> input or output views in its capabilities. Let's say it only specifies
>> an output view, so it's sofa aware. If it is part of an AAE with sofa
>> mapping (one AAE sofa mapped to the default input view of the AE), then
>> it get passed the base CAS independently of the sofa mapping. Shouldn't
>> it get the view mapped in the AAE?
> It should be able to get the mapped views by the mapped names instead
> of by whatever original name they have.

What do you mean exactly? It is maybe possible, or it should be
possible? Investigating the metadata in the process() method?

> I guess you ask whether it should get the defaultView because the
> input view is unmapped?

It doesn't get the mapped view, but the base view, which is the
_InitialView if the AAE uses it. If the AAE uses some arbitrary input
view, it gets an empty sofa.

>> I have a simple AE that should just get the mapped sofa as input and
>> then should create a new view, which name is given by a parameter.  Is
>> it correct that I have to introduce another parameter for the input view
>> and have to "getView" in the AE? Is there no way to just use the mapped
>> sofa?
> Well, what do you map it to? The mapping allows you to have a global set
> of view names and a set of local view names for each component. E.g.
> your component should postulate that it expects the input data in a view
> called "INPUT" (hardcoded - no parameter). Then you use a sofa mapping to
> map a global view name to the local name "INPUT" on your AE.

Hmm, maybe I do not understand you. "INPUT" would be the name of the
view that is accessed in the process() method? Do you mean with
postulate the capabilities?

If the AE should be able to operate on different input views, e.g.,
because there are several of those AEs in one AAE, then this would lead
again to a parameter specifying "INPUT".

Peter