uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Sofa-unaware AEs that create new views in an AAE
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:04:54 GMT
Hi,

as I understand the implementation, an AE is sofa aware if it specifies
input or output views in its capabilities. Let's say it only specifies
an output view, so it's sofa aware. If it is part of an AAE with sofa
mapping (one AAE sofa mapped to the default input view of the AE), then
it get passed the base CAS independently of the sofa mapping. Shouldn't
it get the view mapped in the AAE?

I have a simple AE that should just get the mapped sofa as input and
then should create a new view, which name is given by a parameter.  Is
it correct that I have to introduce another parameter for the input view
and have to "getView" in the AE? Is there no way to just use the mapped
sofa?

Best,

Peter