uima-user mailing list archives

From "reshu.agarwal" <reshu.agar...@orkash.com>
Subject Re: What if head node fails in DUCC
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:26:41 GMT
On 04/01/2014 05:28 PM, Eddie Epstein wrote:
> Correct. Most DUCC daemons running on the head node are restartable. We
> expect to complete this work so that in the case of head node failure a new
> head node can automatically be started.
>
> Currently DUCC can be configured such that no active user work is affected
> if a head node goes down. However, without the head node no new user
> processes are created.
>
> Eddie
>

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:42 AM, reshu.agarwal <reshu.agarwal@orkash.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a question. If head node fails then we are no more able to do UIMA
>> processing. Can I defined multiple head nodes in DUCC? If one head node is
>> failed then second node will work as a head node. Is this possible? what is
>> the backup strategy of DUCC?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Reshu Agarwal

Hi Eddie,

Sorry I did not get you. What do you mean by this, "Currently DUCC can
be configured such that no active user work is affected if a head node
goes down. "?

As I understand if a node goes down or crashed then all the processes
which are running on this node will terminate. So, big question is, "How
DUCC ensures no active user work is affected if head node goes down?"

--
Thanks,
Reshu Agarwal