uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: Lemmatization in UIMA
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:20:11 GMT
  Hi!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 07:01:19PM +1000, Debbie Zhang wrote:
> I would like to know how to do lemmatization in UIMA. Does any library or
> annotator can do the job?

  Sure; I recommend to take a look at the DKPro-core project which
provides UIMA wrappers for many NLP tools, including various
lemmatizers:

	http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/

> In normal Java program, I can use wordnet or Stanford NLP lemmatizer.
> However, I have trouble to read wordnet dictionary files in a UIMA
> annotator. The model jar file also doesn't work in a UIMA annotator.

  What kind of trouble are you having with using Wordnet in UIMA
annotators? It works fine for me:

	https://github.com/brmson/yodaqa/blob/master/src/main/java/cz/brmlab/yodaqa/analysis/tycor/LATByWordnet.java#L61
	https://github.com/brmson/yodaqa/blob/master/src/main/java/cz/brmlab/yodaqa/provider/JWordnet.java
	https://github.com/brmson/yodaqa/blob/master/src/main/resources/cz/brmlab/yodaqa/provider/wordnet.xml

(Note that in retrospect, I'd go for the JWI library instead of
JWordnet.)

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis