uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: Complex architectures with multiple CASes - how to?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:32:19 GMT
  Hi!

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 04:14:53PM -0400, Eddie Epstein wrote:
> One approach is for the cas multiplier to put the question View in each
> search CAS, using the CasCopier, and create a second view for search result
> processing. Down stream annotators would then be multi-view, getting
> question analysis results from one view and doing search analysis in the
> other.

  Thank you, that was just what I was looking for!  This works pretty
well, and on careful re-reading of the Making Watson Fast paper,
I realize that this is what they were in fact doing as well.

  P.S.: I had much trouble finding any actual code examples for the cases
where non-trivial CAS multipliers and views manipulation is required,
UIMAfit is used, etc.  My code that juggles multiple views and CASes
with UIMAfit is open source at https://github.com/brmson/yodaqa, perhaps
someone will find that useful.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis