uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sofa-unaware AEs that create new views in an AAE
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:02:40 GMT
On 17.04.2014, at 14:04, Peter Kl├╝gl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I understand the implementation, an AE is sofa aware if it specifies
> input or output views in its capabilities. Let's say it only specifies
> an output view, so it's sofa aware. If it is part of an AAE with sofa
> mapping (one AAE sofa mapped to the default input view of the AE), then
> it get passed the base CAS independently of the sofa mapping. Shouldn't
> it get the view mapped in the AAE?

It should be able to get the mapped views by the mapped names instead
of by whatever original name they have.

I guess you ask whether it should get the defaultView because the
input view is unmapped?

> I have a simple AE that should just get the mapped sofa as input and
> then should create a new view, which name is given by a parameter.  Is
> it correct that I have to introduce another parameter for the input view
> and have to "getView" in the AE? Is there no way to just use the mapped
> sofa?

Well, what do you map it to? The mapping allows you to have a global set
of view names and a set of local view names for each component. E.g.
your component should postulate that it expects the input data in a view
called "INPUT" (hardcoded - no parameter). Then you use a sofa mapping to
map a global view name to the local name "INPUT" on your AE.

-- Richard