uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Annotators using a non-default View
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:16:25 GMT
Would be nice to see the big picture, how the JMS services are integrated
into the full pipeline. Sounds like you have two, separate, "remote" JMS
annotators, which are being called from an aggregate on a "local" client.
And guessing that there is sofamapping on the aggregate, for the two remote
delegates?

Anyway, sofamapping currently does not work across to remote services. The
workaround is to wrap a remote annotator in an aggregate with the same
sofamapping specified there as in the local client.

Note also that by setting sofa capabilities in its descriptor, an annotator
is declaring itself "view aware", which changes the View delivered to the
annotator's process method. A view aware annotator receives something
called a base CAS which does not have a sofa, and has to use getView to
work with real views.

The whole ball of wax is at
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.5.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.mvs