uima-user mailing list archives

From Chuong Ngo <cngo....@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with Annotators using a non-default View
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:04:08 GMT
I have two annotators that are being used via JMS calls in UIMA AS.  The
first annotator creates a separate view that then needs to be read by the
second annotator.  The view is created with:

String destinationId = "SomeView";
JCas targetView = aJCas.createView(destinationId);
String text = "hold the new text."
targetView.setDocumentText(text);
targetView.setDocumentLanguage(sourceView.getDocumentLanguage())

This part seems to work, since after calling this annotator's queue, I can
iterate through the views in the CAS and it shows up.  In order for my
second annotator to read from and write to that new view that was just
created, I simply added the View's name as the input and output sofas:

<capabilities>
      <capability>
        <inputSofas>
            <sofaName>SomeView</sofaName>
        </inputSofas>
        <outputSofas>
            <sofaName>SomeView</sofaName>
        </outputSofas>
        <languagesSupported/>
      </capability>
    </capabilities>

However, the JCas that gets passed to the 2nd annotator is blank.  What is
the problem?