uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Addons ConceptMapper - where to start
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:07:52 GMT

On 3/4/2014 5:01 AM, Debbie Zhang wrote:
> [...]
>> Editor"
>>> to open ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml and
>>> OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml, I have the following error:
>>>
>>> The descriptor has one or more errors. Please fix in the source
>> editor.
>>> ResourceInitializationException: An import could not be resolved. No
>>> file with name "org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/DictTerm.xml" was found
>>> in the class path or data path.
>>>
>> (Descriptor:file:/C/Work/Java_Workspace/ConceptMapperTest/desc/analysi
>>> s_engi
>>> ne/primitive
>>> /ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
>>>
>> The Component Descriptor Editor needs to be able to find descriptors
>> that are references.  Descriptors are referenced in two ways: by name
>> and by location.
>> By location is a relative reference; by name looks things up in the
>> classpath (in this case in the classpath Eclipse uses for the project
>> containing the descriptor being edited).  See:
>> http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-
>> 2.5.0/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.imports
>>
>> The simplest thing to do to correct this kind of error is to put the
>> directory containing the referenced descriptor on Eclipse's source
>> class path.  (you do this by some menu action - like right clicking the
>> directory containing the descriptors you want to be able to find, in
>> the PackageExplorer view of Eclipse, and selecting "Build Path" -> "add
>> to Build Path".
> As the uima-an-conceptMapper.jar is in the class path, DictTerm.xml and
> other descriptors are able to be found by Name. However, due to the file
> structure in jar file, the file is listed under by-name xml resource as
> "analysis_engine/primitive/DictTerm.xml" instead of
> "org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/DictTerm.xml". I think that is how that error
> came from.
>
> The reason I want to open these descriptors was I want to see how these
> descriptors can be used. So I also created a new descriptor
> "TestConceptMapperDescriptor.xml" and try to use the ConceptMapper annotator
> here. I am able to import analysis_engine.primitive.DictTerm at the "Type
> System" tab. Under the "Capabilities" tab, I set DictTerm as Input and
> TestConceptMapperDescriptor as Output. This is as far as I can go. I am not
> sure how to set dictionary to be used by the DictTerm and set the
> configurations of the parameters.
>
> I am not able to import other Descriptors such as OffsetTokenizer.xml with
> the following errors:
> An error was caused by adding Import(s); operation cancelled. Please correct
> the
> Error and retry.
> ResourceInitializationException: An object of class
> Org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.TypeSystemDescription was requested, but
> the
> XML input contained an object of class
> org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.TaeDescription_impl.

This error probably means the descriptor has an import statement which pointed
to (I'm guessing) OffsetTokenizer), which is not a type system descriptor.

In the main descriptor (the one with import statements), there are multiple xml
elements which can contain imports.  Is the import in the right spot?  If you
can't figure this out, can you post the relevant descriptors?

-Marshall