uima-user mailing list archives

From "Debbie Zhang" <debbie.d.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: UIMA Addons ConceptMapper - where to start
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:01:51 GMT
Thanks Marshall!

> Well, adding the UIMA nature to your project, surprised me a bit.  You
> would do this if you wanted to package the results of your work as a
> PEAR package, after you've finished creating an annotator pipeline you
> wish to deliver to others to use.

Yes, after creating annotators, we will use IBM Content Analytics to display
the results. Therefore, we need to package them as PEAR packages.

> > I can use "Component Descriptor Editor" to open DictTerm.xml and
> > OffsetTokenizer.xml. However, when I use "Component Descriptor
> Editor"
> > to open ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml and
> > OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml, I have the following error:
> >
> > The descriptor has one or more errors. Please fix in the source
> editor.
> > ResourceInitializationException: An import could not be resolved. No
> > file with name "org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/DictTerm.xml" was found
> > in the class path or data path.
> >
> (Descriptor:file:/C/Work/Java_Workspace/ConceptMapperTest/desc/analysi
> > s_engi
> > ne/primitive
> > /ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
> >

> The Component Descriptor Editor needs to be able to find descriptors
> that are references.  Descriptors are referenced in two ways: by name
> and by location.
> By location is a relative reference; by name looks things up in the
> classpath (in this case in the classpath Eclipse uses for the project
> containing the descriptor being edited).  See:
> http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-
> 2.5.0/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.imports
>
> The simplest thing to do to correct this kind of error is to put the
> directory containing the referenced descriptor on Eclipse's source
> class path.  (you do this by some menu action - like right clicking the
> directory containing the descriptors you want to be able to find, in
> the PackageExplorer view of Eclipse, and selecting "Build Path" -> "add
> to Build Path".

As the uima-an-conceptMapper.jar is in the class path, DictTerm.xml and
other descriptors are able to be found by Name. However, due to the file
structure in jar file, the file is listed under by-name xml resource as
"analysis_engine/primitive/DictTerm.xml" instead of
"org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/DictTerm.xml". I think that is how that error
came from.

The reason I want to open these descriptors was I want to see how these
descriptors can be used. So I also created a new descriptor
"TestConceptMapperDescriptor.xml" and try to use the ConceptMapper annotator
here. I am able to import analysis_engine.primitive.DictTerm at the "Type
System" tab. Under the "Capabilities" tab, I set DictTerm as Input and
TestConceptMapperDescriptor as Output. This is as far as I can go. I am not
sure how to set dictionary to be used by the DictTerm and set the
configurations of the parameters.

I am not able to import other Descriptors such as OffsetTokenizer.xml with
the following errors:
An error was caused by adding Import(s); operation cancelled. Please correct
the
Error and retry.
ResourceInitializationException: An object of class
Org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.TypeSystemDescription was requested, but
the
XML input contained an object of class
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.TaeDescription_impl.

Thanks Marshall for your help again - much appreciated!

Regards,

Debbie