uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: uimaFIT: external resource bindings?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:05:50 GMT
I got it to work with the following:

> 	ExternalResourceDescription myDict = createExternalResourceDescription(
> 		CompiledDictionaryResource_impl.class,
> 		"file:dictionary.dic");
>
> 	AnalysisEngineDescription sentimentMapper = createEngineDescription(
> 		ConceptMapperBM.class,
> 		ConceptMapperBM.PARAM_DICT_FILE, myDict,
> 		ConceptMapperBM.PARAM_ANNOTATION_NAME, Sentiment.class.getCanonicalName(),
> 		<lots of other parameters because too many are mandatory>
> 		);

Apparently no explicit binding is necessary...

Bye,
Jens

> It largely depends on how you use the ConceptMapper. External resources require three
things to work:

> 1) an external resource description
> 2) a declaration on the analysis engine that it accepts an external resource (a dependency)
> 3) a binding binding between the two
>
> Since the ConceptMapper is not an uimaFIT component, i.e. it is not using the @ExternalResource
annotation, uimaFIT cannot create 1 automatically. So you can create it manually using createDependencyAndBind(),
which performs steps 2 (using the createDependency() call) and 3 (using a bindResource() call).
Of course, you can also manually call createDependency() and bindResource() separately - which
I think you were asking for.

> If just pass the external resource description to the createEngineDescription() call,
it only does 3, but not 2 - this approach only works if the AE you create the descriptor for
uses the @ExternalResource annotation to declare external resources.

> -- Richard
>
> On 24.10.2013, at 17:56, Jens Grivolla <j+asf@grivolla.net> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I guess I don't actually need to do that, ConceptMapper only looks for the "key"
and doesn't seem to know about the indirect binding, right?

>> And in uimaFIT if I want to bind the same resource to several AEs I use createExternalResourceDescription()
and then just pass it like any other parameter to createEngineDescription()?