uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: uimafit maven plugin: type system imports?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:04:37 GMT
Hi, I'm still having some other problems in getting it to work well with
the pear packaging plugin (naming conventions, descriptor locations,
etc.), so I'm not sure if I can create a fully automated build.

It would still be nice to not have to edit the descriptor manually, but
since I have to do some manual steps anyway it's not as important to get
it fixed right now.

I'll create the feature request anyway, as it would be quite useful for
people using CPE, UIMA-AS or other descriptor-based deployments...

Bye,
Jens

> It is a known "gap". I deliberately left this out of the current version because the
auto-detect mechanism (types.txt) may detect much more than the component needs. Input/output
capabilities are also not a reliable source of information, in particular for components in
which types are configured via parameters.

> I don't think it would be difficult to add. Please open a feature request if you need
this, along with a motivation. If you can spare the time, patches are surely welcome. It would
probably be good to have this enabled by default, but allow to disable it.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
> On 04.10.2013, at 12:41, Jens Grivolla <j+asf@grivolla.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried using the uimafit maven plugin, in particular the "generate" goal (trying
to make it play nice with the pear packaging plugin). However, the generated descriptor does
not include the type system imports, even though they are specified through types.txt.