uima-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:36:16 GMT
Forget my last post I was headed completely in the wrong direction.

Okay so I went back to the original issue I had with the maven import of the regex annotator
using the maven import of this svn url:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/tags/uima-addons-2.3.1/RegularExpressionAnnotator

During import there was a problem with the maven import of the regex annotator, there was
an error with the "uima-build-helper-maven-plugin".   I searched the web for the error and
found this Jira for exactly the problem I'm having.
"Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins"

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2560

---------------description from jira---------------------------------------
Recent versions of Eclipse m2e complain about Maven plugins in the UIMA master pom not being
covered by m2e lifecycle plugins:
uima-build-helper-maven-pluginmaven-dependency-pluginAdd m2e metadata to the master POM to
handle these.

I'm relatively new to UIMA, started working with it a few works ago.   I had no problem installing
the UIMA Framework and running through the examples in the tutorial (just couldn't do the
semantic search since it's been removed).  By the way, the documentation provided for UIMA
is great along with the getting started section.

This is the first addon that I've tried to work with and so far I've devoted a few days already
trying to get the regex addon to work, I really would love to see how it works.  Can someone
who has been able to get it to work provide some guidance?   I see that the jira was opened
in Jan 2013 and resolved this past April so I don't understand why I'm still getting the problem
that was supposedly resolved.  I'm using  Juno (eclipse IDE for java developers) with service
release 2 if that helps any.

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula