uima-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject FW: Question on Regular Expression Annotator - please disregard previous post this one is correct
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:42:11 GMT

Hi Marshall,
First of all thanks for your prompt response.  Per your recommendation, I did the tag check
out using the link you provided but ran into an error on the maven install with the 'import
maven projects' screen please see attached image.   There was an error with the 'uima-build-helper-maven-plugin'.
 I continued with install to resolve later.    After installation there was a problem with
the POM file.  I opened up the POM file, the overview page  states an error with the "maven-dependency-plugin(goals
"copy-dependencies", "unpack") is not supported by m2e".     The second problem (from description
section of eclipse project) states that "plugin execution not covered by  lifecycle configuration
org.apache.uima:uima-build-helper-maven-plugin:2:parse-date-time(execution: setbuildYear and
buildMonth, phase:validate)"
I do appreciate your personal assistance with this.     In the meantime, I'll be reading up
on the differences between trunks, tags and branches.  :-)
Regards,Paula
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:15:35 -0400
> From: msa@schor.com
> To: user@uima.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Question on Regular Expression Annotator - please disregard previous post
this one is correct

> Hi,
>
> It looks like you're working with the "trunk" level of the source.
>
> The trunk level sometimes doesn't build, as people are working on it...
>
> If you want to build a "released" level, just check out a tag, rather than the
> trunk.  For instance, you could check out of SVN the last release tag, here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/tags/uima-addons-2.3.1/RegularExpressionAnnotator
>
> If you want to work with the trunk, you will need to check out, also, the project:
> uima-addons-parent, and build it using "mvn install".  This will create the
> missing 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT version of this artifact in your local Maven .m2
> repository, and that will fix the problem of it not being found...
>
> Cheers. -Marshall
>
> On 10/28/2013 10:30 PM, digital paula wrote:
> > Hi again,
> > When I did a maven install via Eclipse it resolved the issues that I had in my previous
post.   The only error that I have now is with the build.
> > In the POM file there's a problem with this part:  <parent>    <groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
   <artifactId>uima-addons-parent</artifactId>    <version>2.3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <relativePath>../uima-addons-parent</relativePath>  </parent>  It states
on the overview tab the following Project build error:  "Non-resolvable parent POM: could
not find artifact org.apac
> > Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.uima:uima-addons-parent:pom:2.3.2-SNAPSHOT
and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM
was for the simple server addon:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/uima-user/201206.mbox/browser
> > Would appreciate any help on this.
> > Thanks.
> > Regards,Paula
> > From: cybersation@hotmail.com
> > To: user@uima.apache.org
> > Subject: Question on Regular Expression Annotator
> > Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:59:11 -0400
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I had completed most of the tutorials on UIMA Framework (though I wasn't able to
do the semantic search due to it not being open source anymore and removed from the uimaj-examples
folder :-(  I came across a reference to the Lemur Project while researching alternatives
and after an evening trying to get it working just ended up scrapping it all together.  I
was able to install the PEAR via the PEAR installation tool but when testing it crashed due
to unable to resolve  references to org.ibm.apache  that no longer existed so I imported project
into Eclipse and changed the references in the java file to java.org.apache and still ran
into problems with the CVD tool, the  indriCASconsumer descriptor was not finding the java
class.   I'm going to look into Solr next since I see it's a more recent semantic search tool.

> > In the meantime, I am trying to work with the regular expression annotator add on.
 I had installed the regular expression annotator via SVN within Eclipse as a separate project.
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/trunk/RegularExpressionAnnotator/

> > The problem I had first off was that the reference in each java file was 'package
org.apache.uima.annotator.regex' but the build path for the directories was main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex
in the project.  This was resolved by the quick fix in java to change all the package names
in the files to have the correct package name of  main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.

> > In addition, I just manually changed the import names such as:  'import org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.Position'
> > 'import main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.Position'
> >
> > However I ran into a bit of a snag when I came across these to imports in the java
file ConceptFileParser_Imp.java
> > I don't know how to resolve the error (the imports are not resolved)  since I don't
see incubator anywhere in the project and I'm not expert enough at Java to resolve the second
one: