uima-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Question on Regular Expression Annotator - please disregard previous post this one is correct
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 02:30:43 GMT
Hi again,
When I did a maven install via Eclipse it resolved the issues that I had in my previous post.
  The only error that I have now is with the build.
In the POM file there's a problem with this part:  <parent>    <groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
   <artifactId>uima-addons-parent</artifactId>    <version>2.3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <relativePath>../uima-addons-parent</relativePath>  </parent>  It states
on the overview tab the following Project build error:  "Non-resolvable parent POM: could
not find artifact org.apac
Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.uima:uima-addons-parent:pom:2.3.2-SNAPSHOT
and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM
I did find a similar problem on the user archives that with the parent POM but it was for
the simple server addon:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/uima-user/201206.mbox/browser
Would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks.
Regards,Paula
From: cybersation@hotmail.com
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Question on Regular Expression Annotator
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:59:11 -0400

Hi,

I had completed most of the tutorials on UIMA Framework (though I wasn't able to do the semantic
search due to it not being open source anymore and removed from the uimaj-examples folder
:-(  I came across a reference to the Lemur Project while researching alternatives and after
an evening trying to get it working just ended up scrapping it all together.  I was able to
install the PEAR via the PEAR installation tool but when testing it crashed due to unable
to resolve  references to org.ibm.apache  that no longer existed so I imported project into
Eclipse and changed the references in the java file to java.org.apache and still ran into
problems with the CVD tool, the  indriCASconsumer descriptor was not finding the java class.
  I'm going to look into Solr next since I see it's a more recent semantic search tool.

In the meantime, I am trying to work with the regular expression annotator add on.  I had
installed the regular expression annotator via SVN within Eclipse as a separate project.
 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/trunk/RegularExpressionAnnotator/

The problem I had first off was that the reference in each java file was 'package org.apache.uima.annotator.regex'
but the build path for the directories was main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex in the
project.  This was resolved by the quick fix in java to change all the package names in the
files to have the correct package name of  main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.

In addition, I just manually changed the import names such as:  'import org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.Position'
'import main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.Position'

However I ran into a bit of a snag when I came across these to imports in the java file ConceptFileParser_Imp.java
I don't know how to resolve the error (the imports are not resolved)  since I don't see incubator
anywhere in the project and I'm not expert enough at Java to resolve the second one:
import org.apache.incubator.uima.regex.AnnotationDocument;
import org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlError;

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Regards,